Colour Notation Conversion
This application supports colour notation conversion between all supported colour order and specification systems for the selected illuminant and observer combination. Conversion from colour ranges to colour order systems and/or colour specification systems is also supported; conversion to a colour range is not supported.
To/From: Colorcurve, Coloroid, DIN-6164, Munsell, NCS, OSA-UCS, and SCA-2541 colour order systems.
To/From: CIE, CIELab and CIELuv colour specification systems.
From: BS:5252, RAL840HR, and RAL841GL colour ranges.
To activate the colour notation conversion, select "Colour Conversion" from the "View" menu.
This activates the colour notation conversion toolbar shown below:
Illuminant Observer Source Destination(s) Match Execute
Colour notation conversion results can be stored to and reloaded from your computer using Configuration -> Export Data Grid.
Note that the range of source and target systems depends on the available data sets for a selected illuminant and observer combination. "Aim" data indicates the intended data points and "Actual" is the measured data points.
1. Select the required CIE Illuminant
2. Select the required CIE Standard Observer
3. Select the required source colour order system, colour specification system or colour range;
4. Select the target colour order system(s)/colour specification system(s);
5. Optionally: select the colour difference formula to use to identify the nearest data point;
6. Finally, specify one or more source notations for conversion in the free entry box below the toolbar.
Press the "Go!" button to perform the colour notation conversion(s).